
We didn't even win the semi-final game of the Italian Cup... We knew the first game against Venice would be tough since we were playing at Venice, but we always knew we were a better team, especially without one of their top players that just went down with a knee injury. It was really a dramatic game, and I had a fantastic 2nd quarter, but I just don't feel like recounting what happened... It was really "nightmare-ish", and I'm upset that pretty much all of us missed out on the opportunity for our first Italian Cup Championship (and the bonuses we would have gotten with even one of those victories...........)
Ok, it's over, and the meeting with our coach today was about owning up to being the best. We need to know we are the best, accept that every team is going to bring us their best game every game and we need to be fine with that and bring our best right back at them. We aren't "playing" any more games, but we are "challenging" them every game. He wants to see more fire and more fight in us, and I think he's right. It was up to me to translate today, like almost always, to the foreigners, so I hope I conveyed his message strongly enough.
We are playing a make-up game Wednesday away and then we are finally back for a home game Sunday. Then, if we can believe it, just three more regular season games and then the play-offs! Time just flies by after the Christmas break. What we are focusing on now is staying in our first place position in the league to go into the play-offs with "home field advantage". Crucial.

No comments:
Post a Comment