Tuesday, February 9, 2010

End of Euroleague Chapter...


We lost.... They may have had better individual players, but I felt like we had a better team and could have won. It's a shame, but we are really concerned about how much time we will have now in between games. We will still be practicing twice a day almost every day, but without all the traveling in the middle of every other week, I feel like I'm going to have to take up a hobby or something! We'll see. This week and next week has been devoted to getting ourselves back in shape and back to the basics. We haven't even had time or enough days in between games to lift weights enough, so we are doing that a few times a week and our coaches ran the heck out of us today! I'm a bit sore again, but it's a good sore. I feel like I'm being productive :)

Our goal now is to win the Italian Cup, which is in a month. No surprises on who made it: the top four teams in the league. But, as the top-seed, we should have had "dibs" on hosting. Instead, the 4-seed, Venice is hosting, so we will have to beat the home team for the Semi-finals. I've compared us to the Yankees of the Women's Italian league before just because we really do have a "stacked" team, and a teammate has also compared us to the Lakers just because everybody seems to love to hate us. They don't want to see us continue to do well, and they think we get special treatment because of the name on our jerseys (which is actually hard to find amongst our sponsors...) That's fine, we'll just have to overcome. It almost makes us feel like we're the underdogs even though we still haven't lost a game in league play. Plus, Taranto lost the Italian Cup last year, but went on the win the championship. It would be nice to have a chance to win both!

No comments:

Post a Comment