
Ok, we leave tomorrow for a game on the road at Priolo (Sicily), and Kiki is coming for sure (Yay!), not the family from Ribera because of car trouble, and maybe Simona who also played with us last year from Agrigento. The "real" part of the season starts because Euroleague starts next week, meaning in this case that we go directly from Priolo to Turkey for our first Euroleague game. Taranto has history with both teams, first of all just hating Priolo period, and then the Turkish team, Galatassaray, beat them in the EuroCup finals last year (with the help of Seimone Augustus, who is still out with a knee injury and not playing with this team anymore). Instead they have another WNBA player who should give us much to handle. My job is just to stay calm, and play. Sometimes oblivion is a player's best friend in order to not realize the pressure, and that's how I feel right now. Hopefully, it will help more than hurt.
On another note, we did a jumping test yesterday to test our strength and "hops", which I've never totally excelled at, but I'm not "grounded" either. I need to keep my legs strong to prevent further knee problems, so I lift weights pretty hard and consistently throughout the year. I also took part in a "Speedology" program this summer for a month that did a lot of jumping and running with elastic resistance that I really enjoyed and believed in (Karl Frank in Baton Rouge is the owner of it). All that, I believe, contributed to me out-jumping everyone there. The short white kid had the highest vertical. That's just crazy, and I even thoroughly surprised our strength and conditioning coach, Mimmo, that I had more power than our American post player who is a beast of an athlete. Old injuries play a part, as well as age, but who doesn't have old injuries at this point in our careers? I guess I'll keep doing what I'm doing!

Ciao Jami, ti scrivo solo per dirti che il Galatasaray ha acquistato Katie Douglas, finalista Wnba con Indiana Fever ques'anno : http://www.galatasaray.org/en/basketbol/haber/803.php
ReplyDeleteUn saluto e un in bocca al lupo per Priolo e per Istanbul.
Carlo
ah non sapevamo. speriamo che non gioca ancora!
ReplyDelete