Monday, May 11, 2009

Summer!


Ok, Jodi's team lost in their regional... but not before she made some pretty gutsy plays to keep her team alive!  She had the game winning run in their second to last game to keep them alive, and then she got on base again in their season's final inning of play, and then beat out a throw to second base to again keep them alive.  We're proud of her!
So now, we are all home, and the summer has officially begun.  We both have a bunch of unpacking and organizing still to do.  Vacations are planned, and promises are made to better both of ourselves for next season.
On another note, the team I signed a contract with for next season won the Italian Championship!!!!  That is so exciting for them, and it means they will play in an additional league next year with the best teams in the world.  It will be with the best teams in the world, so I have a lot of improving, but a lot of motivation to get better this summer as well.  I will be playing in the big games next year.  The big ones that everyone in the basketball world cares about and watches on TV around Europe and Russia and all over.  Honestly, it is a little scary, but isn't that what playing is all about?  Getting to the big games and pushing yourself to the limits to see what you are made of???  I'm grateful for the opportunity, and I hope and pray that I can stay healthy, and that I take advantage of my opportunities to perform to the best of my ability.  That's how John Wooden defines success anyway: "Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming"
So that includes my preparation this summer.


1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome! All your hard work for the last few years will really pay off! And it's summer!!! WooHoo!! Ready for some Montford time ;)

    ReplyDelete